As soon as you arrive at the SAARSCHLEIFENLODGE you will be overcome by the desire for adventure, because this beautiful spot is crying out to be actively explored.
WALKING, JOGGING & HIKING
The starting block for running enthusiasts is right outside our front door, for jogging along the Saarschleife on soft forest paths - a sporty start to the day that is both gentle on the joints and soothing for the soul. Hiking enthusiasts can also cover quite a few kilometres in the entire region. Along wild stream valleys and adventurous paths, award-winning "Dream Loop" trails can be hiked, such as the "Saarschleife Tafeltour" up to the medieval Montclair Castle, which is hidden high up behind the treetops directly opposite the lodge. From the Cloef viewpoint or the 42m-high tower, the Saarschleife offers Saarland's top selfie spot, with magnificent sceneries in all directions - not to be missed.
Enjoy lofty views by experiencing the Saarschleife from high up.
With a total length of 1,250 metres and a height of 3 to 23 metres, the treetop path winds through beech, oak and Douglas fir trees in the direction of the Saarschleife - past numerous learning and adventure stations. The trail and the observation tower are designed to be barrier-free and family-friendly.
The Saarschleifenland offers cyclists a similar number of adventures. In addition to the leisurely loop tour, the border triangle can be explored within a few hours. Where else do you have a total of three countries with beautiful hilly landscapes right on your doorstep? For all those who also want to include the cultural aspect, the classic Saar cycle route touris recommended, for example. It connects Germany's oldest city Trier with the Saarland capital Saarbrücken, surrounded by French flair, and passes cultural highlights worth seeing.
Ambitious mountain bikers also get their money's worth at SAARSCHLEIFENLODGE and can work off their energy intensively through woods and meadows, over hill and dale.
PADDLING, IMPROVING YOUR ROWING TECHNIQUE, OR A BOAT TRIP?
Of course, the Saar valley can also be explored by paddle - a canoe and stand-up paddle rental service is located in the immediate vicinity of the lodge, as is the opportunity for a short boat trip.
So let's go and enjoy the magnificent panorama on water.
FANCY SOME WATER?
Using a kayak, of course! Observe nature in peace and quiet. STOCK DUCKS, HAUBEN DUCKS and ICE BIRDS call this area their home.
Let's go on the loop tour from Dreisbach to the Mettlach barrage and back again.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, always at 10.00 am, 10.30 am, 2.00 pm and 2.30 pm.
Ambitious masterswho want to work on their rowing technique, with the aim of rowing better and more flawlessly, can now do so at the"rowing paradise", surrounded by dreamlike landscapes. Embedded in untouched nature, on 23 km between the locks of Rehlingen and Mettlach. Masters Rowing Gavirate offers courses in Dreisbach.
To Ground and calm yourself, breathe fresh healthy air and soak up the green of the trees.
Connect with the wonderful SAARSCHLEIFEN-NATUR and delight your heart and soul
with the blissful and health-promoting effects of yoga.
YOGA AT THE SAARSCHLEIFE
You’re longing for RELAXATION and deep BREATHING in the fresh air?
Then sign up now for our yoga & relaxation sessions.
Feel the calming and relaxing effect of simple and gentle yoga exercises.
Registration: at the reception... reserve your spot
Times: Sat 4 p.m., Sun 8 a.m., (Thu 11 a.m.) - 60 mins each
Meeting place: Terrace
Participation: Compulsory, all levels, no previous knowledge necessary
Bring along: Comfortable clothes
Material: Yoga mats are provided free of charge
Costs: Depending on the size of the group (promotional material is available) - Payment method cash or via Paypal on the website
More info and registration!
The TOP THREE excursion destinations in Saarland (published by the Saarland Tourist Board)
- Saarschleife – Cloef with tree top walk (www.baumwipfelpfade.de/saarschleife)
- SAARPOLYGON – Ensdorf (www.bergbauerbesaar.de)
- Unesco WORLD CULTURAL HERITAGE Völklingen (www.voelklinger-huette.org)
EXCURSION DESTINATIONS in the near vicinity (approx. 2-45 km)
- City of Saarlouis (www.saarlouis.de)
- Merzig Wolf Park Werner Freund (www.wolfspark-wernerfreund.de)
- Lake Bostal (www.bostalsee.de)
- Perl-Villa Borg (www.villa-borg.de)
- Wine villages around Perl
- The Merzig Baths (www.dasbadmerzig.de)
- The border triangle Perl - Schengen - The cradle of Europe
- Saarburg - Historic Wine Town (www.saarburg.de)
- Trier - oldest city in Germany (www.trier.de)
- Saarbrücken - the state capital (www.saarbruecken.de)
- Boat tour (www.maria-croon.de) or (www.saarflotte.de)
- Outlet Centre Mettlach: (www.mettlachoutletcenter.de)
- Saarschleife Health Centre with Cloefbad (Cloaf bath), sauna, fitness room (www.johannesbad-medizin.com)
EXCURSION DESTINATIONS in the near vicinity (approx. 20-40 km)
- Esch sur Alzette – CULTURAL CAPITAL Europe 2022 (www.esch.lu)
- Luxembourg (www.visitluxembourg.com)
EXCURSION DESTINATIONS in the near vicinity (approx. 15-40 km)
- Chateau Malbrouck – Manderen (www.chateau-malbrouck.com)
- Thionville (www.tourismus-lothringen.de)
- Metz (www.tourisme-metz.com)
- Musee Centre Pompidou Metz (www.centrepompidou-metz.fr)